14 DAY FAST - WATER ONLY

Advice on getting your bloods back to normal after a Cycle

Moderator: MOO

FireGoat

Re: 14 DAY FAST - WATER ONLY

Postby FireGoat » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:59 am

Fantastic effort, Admin.

Perfectly understandable why you've needed to break the fast prematurely, but nevertheless you'd have still got plenty of benefits from the eight days.

Looking forward to the next one!

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:24 am

mate, i have no longer got IBS, 2 days into back onto solid foods.
my blood pressure is the lowest it has ever been, or at least in a decade of testing.

my bodyfat has changed for the better.
early days, but tomorrow im getting my bloods done and we shall see what actually really happened...

thanks FG!!!
thanks all for contributing to this thread.

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:16 pm

admin wrote:mate, i have no longer got IBS, 2 days into back onto solid foods.
my blood pressure is the lowest it has ever been, or at least in a decade of testing.

early days, but tomorrow im getting my bloods done and we shall see what actually really happened...

thanks FG!!!

Well done bud, any chance you could elaborate on the ibs and how it’s cleared up, sorry if I’ve missed something already mentioned my eyes are playing up at the mo

upm1

Postby upm1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:05 pm

hey admin,
hows your bp readings now?are they still as low as when you finished?

I've started and am 3 days in,today is hard but i'm determined to get my bp down as mine was similar to yous so thanks for sharing :D

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:22 pm

upm1 wrote:hey admin,
hows your bp readings now?are they still as low as when you finished?

I've started and am 3 days in,today is hard but i'm determined to get my bp down as mine was similar to yous so thanks for sharing :D

i made a facebook group called water fasting uk
join us if you want bud, we all doing it, and helping each other through..

i finally got my results today..
results dont lie..

heres the pics..
SIGNIFICANT cholesterol improvements.,
iron level improvements.
heart disease risk decreased.
and of course, my bp is now normal

mission successful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
be fasting again soon, kidney and liver to work on next.

BEFORE ON THE LEFT, AFTER ON THE RIGHT.
8dayfast.jpg

BEFORE ON THE LEFT, AFTER ON THE RIGHT.
fastingchanges.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:24 pm

Kompany4 wrote:
admin wrote:mate, i have no longer got IBS, 2 days into back onto solid foods.

thanks FG!!!

Well done bud, any chance you could elaborate on the ibs and how it’s cleared up, sorry if I’ve missed something already mentioned my eyes are playing up at the mo

ok so for the last , fuck me, u know.. i cant even remember how many years.. but i just dont have solid poos anymore.
i am in and out of the toilet many times per day, and its usually diareea.
sometimes the urgency is bad, and i need to run there fast!!!

since this fast.. ive been having solid poos again, its been a welcome relief :)
food doesnt go right through me like it used too, and the urgency is no longer there.

upm1

Postby upm1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:47 pm

great results!
i hope i can stick it out till at least a week and improve my bloods as they were shocking last time,especially cholesterol

think i might need a new bp monitor as my readings are all over the shop!

looking forward to the clarity as still a bit fuzzy at the moment

Shrugss

Postby Shrugss » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:02 pm

Fantastic mate good work

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:39 pm

upm1 wrote:great results!
i hope i can stick it out till at least a week and improve my bloods as they were shocking last time,especially cholesterol
think i might need a new bp monitor as my readings are all over the shop!
looking forward to the clarity as still a bit fuzzy at the moment

how did it go upm?

Shrugss wrote:Fantastic mate good work

ty, chuffed.

I got an email from the Doctor reference bloods.
i thought it may be of interest to you guys in here with similar cholesterol or blood pressure concerns.

Your red cells are effectively normal. The slight changes in HCT and RDW are not a cause for concern.

Your neutrophils are a little high. Yours are only slightly increased and are not a cause for concern. If you are experiencing symptoms that suggest infection (pain, fever, inflammation) then I recommend discussing this further with your GP.

You have normal clotting cells. The increase in MPV is not a cause for concern.

Your CRP level is normal, suggesting low levels of inflammation within the body.

You have an increased level of aspartate transferase and alanine transferase. This can indicate inflammation within the liver and has many causes, common ones include heavy exercise, prescription medications and recent infections.

Your CK level is high, indicating either having high muscle mass, or engaging in heavy exercise or a protein rich meal prior to testing. If this is unexpected then I would discuss it further with your GP.

You have normal protein and calcium levels.

Your uric acid level does not place you at risk of gout.

Your HbA1c is normal indicating that you do not have diabetes.

You have healthy iron levels.

Your triglycerides are unchanged from the time of your previous test. You have succesfully reduced your total cholesterol from 8 to 5.6, increased your healthy HDL cholesterol and decreased your LDL cholesterol.

These are really positive changes which suggest you have made some great changes to your diet and exercise levels. You still have low levels of protective HDL cholesterol.You can improve this by increasing your oily fish consumption. Your unhealthy LDL cholesterol could also benefit from a slight reduction to bring it into the normal range. You can reduce this by decreasing your intake of saturated fats (dairy products, red meat and fried foods). You may want to try the Mediterranean diet which has proved to be effective in decreasing LDL cholesterol. You can read more about it here:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pag ... -diet.aspx

If you are not already taking cholesterol lowering medication then I recommend visiting the QRisk2 website to work out whether your cholesterol is increasing your risk of having a heart attack or stroke. Your cholesterol to HDL ratio is 6.2. You will need a recent blood pressure reading, the website can be found at:

https://qrisk.org/2017/

If your qrisk score shows that you have a cardiovascular risk of greater than 10% then you should discuss this result with your GP.

Your thyroid stimulating hormone and thyroxine are both normal which suggest healthy thyroid function.

Your prostate result is reassuringly normal.

Your testosterone result is within the normal range.

You have high levels of vitamin B12, if you are taking a B12 supplement then I recommend decreasing your dose.

You have low serum folate. I recommend checking your red cell folate to assess whether this is significant. Following this I recommend increasing your intake of folate rich foods such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus, peas, chickpeas and brown rice. You may also want to consider an over the counter folate supplement.

Your vitamin D levels are bordering on insufficient. This may progress to vitamin D insufficiency or deficiency if you don’t take steps to increase your vitamin D levels.

Low levels of vitamin D can cause fatigue, bodily aches, poor memory and difficulties concentrating.

Outside of the winter months there is enough sun for your skin to make at least part of your daily requirement of vitamin D, so it is worth trying to get 15-20 minutes of midday sun when the sun is out. Vitamin D can also be found in fortified foods such as breakfast cereals, tofu and some fruit juices. The only reliable natural source of vitamin D is in oily fish, although it can also be found in some mushrooms (portobello, maitake, morel, button, and shiitake are particularly good), you can improve this by leaving the mushrooms in the sun before cooking them.

We recommend supplementing with 400 - 800 iu of vitamin D per day for twelve weeks. If you are already taking vitamin D then I recommend that you increase your dose.

Dr Sam Rodgers
MBBS MRCGP"

Viz

Postby Viz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:26 pm

Amazing outcome my friend. Wonder where you would have been at if it has been logistically possible to complete the full 14 days.

Bravo.
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

Return to “Blood Tests & Health”