Virgin media down

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

Animalchin

Virgin media down

Postby Animalchin » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:14 am

Anybody using virgin media for internet having bother, been down since Sunday morning, a lot of posts online saying there down but virgin denying anything wrong.

Dbol Squirrel

Re: Virgin media down

Postby Dbol Squirrel » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Animalchin wrote:Anybody using virgin media for internet having bother, been down since Sunday morning, a lot of posts online saying there down but virgin denying anything wrong.

Not down but keeps crashing all the time. Fucken useless. Have to keep unplugging it to restart. VM test it and say nothing is wrong.
I have friends who have the same problem. It just stops working until you reset.

Animalchin

Postby Animalchin » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:52 am

That's exactly what they're saying to me. Engineer coming out Tuesday.

Thought I was gonna end up in a fight on Monday night when 2 lads came busting through the door just screaming and shouting, then the wife told me it was our children, 17 and 13 now, I haven't seen them since they were 10 and 6 when we got the games console for Christmas that year.

They've even started to talk to each other and play games on one of the old consoles against each other, I think they actually forgot that they had a brother they spend that much time in there own bedrooms. Life without the internet.

Deads4days

Postby Deads4days » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:56 am

May sound daft but do you have loads of mobile devices connected to it? Routers like laptops and PCs connected to it but for some reason they hate phones and tablets/ipads and constantly drop connection while ever they are connected.

To be honest tried all ISP and all suck in the end apart from BT, BT seem to be only stable one may be because they are the main provider for UK and own all the lines and network that Virgin and the others piggyback their own systems on.

In order of reliability for me was:

1.BT
2.Sky
3.Plusnet
4.Virgin
5. 2 plastic cups and string
6. Talk talk

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Agree with D4D

BT and sky for the win, was with talk talk last year what a joke

Viz

Postby Viz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Was with Virgin 8 years ago. Service was ok'ish.

Went with Sky when we moved, nightmare from day one.

Now a happy camper with BT the last 6 years, no downtime that I can recall, the router works brilliantly with all our devices - household with two teenage girls who live on their phones and ipads. When I renovated the house a few years back they were most accommodating and the engineer who re-did the wiring was amazing.
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

Animalchin

Postby Animalchin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Been with virgin media since they started and have had no bother at all, top downloads as well. I'm back up and running now apparently the hub was goosed so they swapped it over.

Return to “General Chat”