Another gym rant

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

ADAM

Another gym rant

Postby ADAM » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:23 pm

The following are sights, sounds & smells at the gym recently;

Guys who wear a vest & a woolly hat, even in the summer
Guys who wear vests and are so skinny the straps are falling off their shoulders
Guys who regularly miss leg day wearing shorts
Sunglasses on the top of the head
Fat guys who persist on wearing underarmour t shirts on the outside
Guys who walk about as if they are carrying a rolled up invisible carpet under each arm
Guys & girls who wear the same clothing in the gym every day they train
Guys & girls who forget to shower or at least wear deodorant prior to going to the gym
Guys & girls who spend more time on mobile phone than training
Guys who loudly grunt and groan lifting fuck all weight

Feel free to add more
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

Thomas

Re: Another gym rant

Postby Thomas » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:23 am

Check to all the above.

Actually i have got 3 pairs of shorts all the same and three tops the exact same and two of the same trackies for leg day. I've got quite bad OCD for gym wear, if it fits and i like it i buy 3-4 of the same thing. So probably looks like i never change clothes either lol.

Bonus

Postby Bonus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:03 pm

Guys who don't put their fucking weights back!
Guys who purposefully drop their weights from a height to make sure everyone knows they're there!
Groups of guys hogging the smith machine!
People who use benches as a table for their paraphernalia when they know the gym is busy!
Guys who leave chalk every fucking where - I mean really! It's a Virgin Active not fucking Golds!
Guys who use the lat pulldown machine repping at 200mph and throw their head back on each downward jerk.
Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance determines your destiny.

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Bonus, I could add all of your list to mine, I see exactly the same
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:11 pm

Arm Blaster Wankers
They come in the gym, run around the gym smashing triceps and biceps with everything but with no real structure to the workout.. its one design = pump up the arm for the walk around town after..

Deadlift Benders
The guy whos form is so fkin bad when he is deadlifting, back bending like crazy, that just to see it, makes your toes curl and you have to look away because your expecting the noise of a huge CRACK!!! as his back snaps..

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:12 pm

Here's another, guys who use the cable crossover to perform lat pull-downs or low rows. For fuck sake just use the proper machines

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:13 pm

Lewi, yep see exactly the same

KJS

Postby KJS » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:46 pm

The squat-morning.
The guy squatting with such bad form it becomes a dangerously nasty looking cross between a squat and a good morning! Aaaaagh!

tazzblue77

Postby tazzblue77 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Pmsl i love this group :D
I am not lazy i am on my energy saving mode

Bonus

Postby Bonus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Then there's the 'crew' who roll up their T-shirt sleeves and slowly shadow box in between bicep curl sets, a head down close-up opportunity in the mirror with the 'I mean business' face on.
Oh, and never forget to push out a loud 'Ssssssssssss' on any superfast jerk reps your doing just to make sure you're heard....
Must be getting old and grumpy :lol:
Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance determines your destiny.

Return to “General Chat”