Another gym rant

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

Viz

Re: Another gym rant

Postby Viz » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:11 pm

Nah dude, better to reign it is and let the head rule.

Twats are what they are, we find them in the gym, in the office, and on the roads. Makes no difference what you say to them they never change.

Just funny how this dude thought he was entitled to tell us to move. Every Saturday for the last 11 years we have been there in the afternoon for an hour or so doing legs.

Tell me, are you starting to think of entering the UK Open Champs in November? The form you are in might not be a bad idea, I know it is a different organisation from the one you compete in but still, worth you having a think about it. Qualifier for Mr Universe Hamburg too.
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Viz wrote:Nah dude, better to reign it is and let the head rule.

Twats are what they are, we find them in the gym, in the office, and on the roads. Makes no difference what you say to them they never change.

Just funny how this dude thought he was entitled to tell us to move. Every Saturday for the last 11 years we have been there in the afternoon for an hour or so doing legs.

Tell me, are you starting to think of entering the UK Open Champs in November? The form you are in might not be a bad idea, I know it is a different organisation from the one you compete in but still, worth you having a think about it. Qualifier for Mr Universe Hamburg too.

That’s interesting bud!
I don’t know that organisation.
Would give me another month to add tissue if i did!

Viz

Postby Viz » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:37 pm

admin wrote:
That’s interesting bud!

The NAC UK OPEN BRITISH Championships Sunday 5th November, at the Middleton Arena, Middleton, Manchester.

This show is OPEN to all athletes from all federations, and is a great opportunity to qualify for the NAC International Mr/Ms Universe taking place in Hamburg, Germany 24th-26th November 2017.

This is also a great opportunity to be one of the 1st athletes to be selected for the 2018 NAC World Championships taking place in Cebu, Philippines.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Viz wrote:
admin wrote:
That’s interesting bud!

The NAC UK OPEN BRITISH Championships Sunday 5th November, at the Middleton Arena, Middleton, Manchester.

This show is OPEN to all athletes from all federations, and is a great opportunity to qualify for the NAC International Mr/Ms Universe taking place in Hamburg, Germany 24th-26th November 2017.

This is also a great opportunity to be one of the 1st athletes to be selected for the 2018 NAC World Championships taking place in Cebu, Philippines.

I like it!
Just looked at category’s.
Hmm novice or over 40s I guess..

Viz

Postby Viz » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:07 am

Rant with a difference.

So today is back day for one of my groups - get there about 20 mins before session starts. Lads are all there waiting, being typical arses messing around in the changing room as normal. Hit the gym, all messing around stopped like a switch had been thrown the minute we walked into the weights section. Cardio and pre-stretching done the hard graft started.

Now I pride myself on a big and strong back. But bugger me did these three lads kick the living shit out of me. I am toast after that back session, was barely able to keep up with them intensity wise. Normally I have to push them and almost shame them into doing more. Well not today, today they put this old man in his place.

Training pace was right on the money, just enough rest between sets for heart rate to drop down to 50 - 60% of max before hitting 80 - 85% during lifts. Complete and utter total focus from all three. No banter just encouragement and pushing each other for more. Way way impressed with the next generation of serious lifters - all three are under 25 years old by the way. Made this old fart want to take an axe to them in envy of what is yet to be for them. And would have except to tired and need a nap now.

Point of the rant, it is shit growing old. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:52 pm

Your right mate, it is, I pride myself on still being able to train every bit as hard & heavy as I've always done but I've had to adapt train smarter, continually stretching, forget 1 rep max etc.

Have to say though unusal to see under 25s training hard, most I see fanny about, play with their phone, pose in the mirror & blow up when on gear & deflate when not.

Good on them for kicking your arse
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

Chris GW

Postby Chris GW » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:59 pm

I generally find that the guys/girls with the serious physiques are the ones that don't always realise how good they really are and are more self-critical etc and the ones who are underwhelming/average at best think they are the bollocks. Just in general and obvs not a hard and fast rule.

I also don't like how everyone's an expert and will regurgitate knowledge that you know they don't really understand and in a lot of cases, clearly don't implement themselves!

In all honesty though, I have very little to do with the fitness industry, deliberately. I don't go to expos, don't go to competitions, don't get involved in any of the 'scene' stuff. I train because I love training and like to feel and look good. It'll never be any more than that to me so really my lack of industry involvement saves me from a lot of these pet peeves. Even my gym is tiny and always dead so I don't even get pissed off there!
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you can't.
Either way, you're right...

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:54 am

Chris GW wrote:I generally find that the guys/girls with the serious physiques are the ones that don't always realise how good they really are and are more self-critical etc and the ones who are underwhelming/average at best think they are the bollocks. Just in general and obvs not a hard and fast rule.

I also don't like how everyone's an expert and will regurgitate knowledge that you know they don't really understand and in a lot of cases, clearly don't implement themselves!

In all honesty though, I have very little to do with the fitness industry, deliberately. I don't go to expos, don't go to competitions, don't get involved in any of the 'scene' stuff. I train because I love training and like to feel and look good. It'll never be any more than that to me so really my lack of industry involvement saves me from a lot of these pet peeves. Even my gym is tiny and always dead so I don't even get pissed off there!

This!!!

Graham

Postby Graham » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:28 pm

ADAM wrote:Bonus, I could add all of your list to mine, I see exactly the same

Spot on! me too!

barksie

Postby barksie » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:32 pm

ADAM wrote:There are dirty bastards who use gyms, no doubt about that.
One of my real hates are people who use the toilet, don't wash their hands & then walk into the gym & start lifting weights. Hence the reason I use anti bacterial hand gel before & after every workout

not just gym tho, go to odeon cinema quite alot and when im in toilet and film finishes ( no im not a perv :D ) lots of guys come in use toilet and then walk out without washing hands then i see them out in foyer holding there kiddies ice cream cone or passing nachos to there partners , oops!!

Return to “General Chat”