Another gym rant

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

Kompany4

Re: Another gym rant

Postby Kompany4 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:11 pm

ADAM wrote:The ridiculous sight of wool pompom hats, worn with a vest has returned to the gym with the cold weather

I hate those mate

ashbro74

Postby ashbro74 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:05 pm

I'm sure you've all witnessed this one, THE BENCH PRESS POSSE, you know the ones, late teens early twenties they all come in together usually about half a dozen of em and hog the bench for anything up to 2 hours whilst continuing to load the bar with way more weight than they can handle then continue taking it in turns to press out anything up to 4 reps whilst the spotter behind is put through a pretty intense upright row session and then you can hear em saying how much extra weight they've moved this week!! Lol :lol:

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Spot on Ash, every Monday throughout the UK
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

ashbro74

Postby ashbro74 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:18 pm

ADAM wrote:Spot on Ash, every Monday throughout the UK

Monday-friday in my gym Ad! So glad i never did anything like that :oops:

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Thought I had seen most things in the gym, but today was a new experience. Guy doing leg press whilst carrying out a very loud conversation on his phone.

I suppose it could be my bad, not being able to multi task when I'm training, but really !!!
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

tricky

Postby tricky » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Phones should be banned in gyms along with sweaty gits who don't mop up after themselves!! Once saw a guy curling a dumbell in one hand n texting with the other :lol:

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:19 pm

ADAM wrote:Thought I had seen most things in the gym, but today was a new experience. Guy doing leg press whilst carrying out a very loud conversation on his phone.

I suppose it could be my bad, not being able to multi task when I'm training, but really !!!

I had a guy spot me once when benching, the fucker answered his phone and wandered off mid set.

Harsh words where had, once I unpinned my self

Endogenisis

Postby Endogenisis » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:18 pm

ADAM wrote:Thought I had seen most things in the gym, but today was a new experience. Guy doing leg press whilst carrying out a very loud conversation on his phone.

Holy shit that just cracked me up :lol: :lol:

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:56 pm

This one will cheer you up guys, got a lad having himself filmed (camera phone obviously) on the shrug machines 15kg a side and terrible technique, normally I’d offer advice but I stopped that a long time ago now it’s only if people ask me for help I’m more than happy to help ,,,now excuse me lads while I do my first working set on bench press
Attachments
2247C1D8-98E0-42CA-96CC-C11E503C4D35.jpeg
D19D0203-1E76-401E-A3E8-BDD47A9EB169.jpeg

KJS

Postby KJS » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Haha nice one Kompany!
What is it with all this narcissistic video / photographing yourself ? We occasionally do it as a way of getting technical feed back and to actually see where you may be going wrong during the lift and it certainly isn't then pinged out over social media! But filming shrugs?........

Return to “General Chat”