Another gym rant

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

ADAM

Re: Another gym rant

Postby ADAM » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:22 pm

The guy doing the filming looks like he's carry a bit of muscle - not.

140 bench mate, your clearly getting back up to speed
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:51 pm

ADAM wrote:The guy doing the filming looks like he's carry a bit of muscle - not.

The guy filming was about 8 stones pissed wet through butcould have all the knowledge available but he seemed like he knew it all seen him on the lat pull down heavy as fuck but swinging his back and using every part of his body except his lats

And hey Adam that was a 160kg bench bud haha cheers btw

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:55 pm

KJS wrote:Haha nice one Kompany!
What is it with all this narcissistic video / photographing yourself ? We occasionally do it as a way of getting technical feed back and to actually see where you may be going wrong during the lift and it certainly isn't then pinged out over social media! But filming shrugs?........

I agree mate and I’m on no social media whatsoever it’s the devils work

I take the occasional progress pic just to see where I’m lagging or progressing and keep them relatively to myself barring this place
But yeh I’d get filming dead’s.squats, bench but shrugs :lol:

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Kompany4 wrote:
ADAM wrote:The guy doing the filming looks like he's carry a bit of muscle - not.

The guy filming was about 8 stones pissed wet through butcould have all the knowledge available but he seemed like he knew it all seen him on the lat pull down heavy as fuck but swinging his back and using every part of his body except his lats

And hey Adam that was a 160kg bench bud haha cheers btw

Even better that's a heavy bench press mate. The old style plates bring back memories, when they vibrate against each other & make that familiar sound when the arms get a bit shaky
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Your right Adam I’ve finally found myself the old style spit and sawdust gym mate and I’m loving it all the classic machines from the classic Olympia years etc and dumbbells up to 100kg haha will post pics up at some point bud

Sidlittle

Postby Sidlittle » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Ive only been training for the last two years, spit n sawdust describes our gym.no cardio,no tv,no showers lol, just lots of old school plates and machines designed for putting on size.i fkn love it and wouldnt have it any other way. :)
Who says that you cant teach an old dog new tricks? :lol:

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:14 pm

Trained at hardcore gyms myself Sid for more than 20 years, due to gym closure for the last couple of years I've trained at one of these budget national gyms, I'm sure you know the type.

It has the advantage of only being 5 mins from my house & the equipment is reasonable but it is full of fannies, particularly at this time of year.

Sidlittle

Postby Sidlittle » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:55 pm

Yes mate, i know the type.new year , new you brigade.got all the nice gear but no fkn clue.bang everything around as loud as poss,dont really do much.spend half an hour doing biceps then another half an hour taking selfies lol.thankfully thers not many of them at our gym, just the odd few.theres a lot of egos, but not many guys like u lot, different class mate.thats why i can learn so much more on here
Who says that you cant teach an old dog new tricks? :lol:

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Same old, same old, every year it's the same, fat woman waddling into the gym, sit & chat, surf the net, kidding themselves that they are working out.

Guys are even funnier, brand new gym gear including a belt which they never take off during their alleged workout.

Saving grace, another week or 2 & things get the normal, well as normal as it gets in a big budget gym

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:26 pm

i still see the guys with the ILS

(invisible lat syndrome)

winds me right up

Return to “General Chat”