New year goals

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

One rep max

New year goals

Postby One rep max » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:09 am

Hello gents,

It’s almost that time of year when everyone makes New Years plans That won’t be kept by the end jan :lol:

What have you set your self as goals for 2018??

For me it’s to be free from addiction and would like to put on a stone of muscle not fat :lol: :lol:

But also I have just found out that two of my children might have austim and a couple extra things also so I’m using that as my fuel to be there rock! And be there for them
Getting there one step at a time!
Getting there one rep at a time!
Starting again isn’t always a bad thing a chance to be better than before

Kompany4

Re: New year goals

Postby Kompany4 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:13 am

One rep max wrote:Hello gents,

It’s almost that time of year when everyone makes New Years plans That won’t be kept by the end jan :lol:

For me it’s to be free from addiction and would like to put on a stone of muscle not fat :lol: :lol:

But also I have just found out that two of my children might have austim and a couple extra things also so I’m using that as my fuel to be there rock! And be there for them

My middle son has autism mate, diagnosed at 3 now he’s 8
I took it hard and was in denial because he seemed fine to me but the spectrum is huge, you ever wanna chat PM anytime bud

One rep max

Postby One rep max » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:26 am

Kompany4 wrote:

I took it hard and was in denial because he seemed fine to me but the spectrum is huge, you ever wanna chat PM anytime bud

Thanks mate me and the wife have been researching it none stop
I was the same as you at first “there’s nothing wrong with him”
He’s ok!

My middle boy is just on the spectrum so he’s not to bad but
My youngest one is right at the other end of it and also has processing/sensory problems so they both need help in different ways which is very hard! But we are getting there slowly just trying things at mo see if the work!

The hole thing has made me really realise that your mind is a delicate thing and should be treated with respect!

Have a good Xmas/new year mate :D
Getting there one step at a time!
Getting there one rep at a time!
Starting again isn’t always a bad thing a chance to be better than before

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:32 am

One rep max wrote:
Kompany4 wrote:

He’s ok!

My youngest one is right at the other end of it and also has processing/sensory problems so they both need help in different ways which is very hard! But we are getting there slowly just trying things at mo see if the work!

The hole thing has made me really realise that your mind is a delicate thing and should be treated with respect!

i was also in denial with Kayla.
she was always very different to the other girls, but in a lovely way.
the school pulled us to the side and told us she was "different" they said they suspected she was autistic.. i took offence to it, and said she is just a child and is fine. refused to accept that she was different.
the school wanted extra help teaching her, i thought it was just there way of trying for extra money for the school and picking on my little girl, who to me, is different, but then all my girls are very different from each other, each in there lovely unique way.. but anyways we did seek professional help, and did learn that she suffered with a form of autism, but i still say to this day, put whatever label you want on it, she is just Kayla, diffrerent to the rest, but then the rest are different to each other anyway.. so nothing to see here, move on kinda thing.
nonetheless, im sure you will always be the best you can for them Rep!!!

Amazonian

Postby Amazonian » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:42 am

Children/adults with autism simply means they are unique. Unique is a good thing in a world full of sheep.
No 2 people with autism are the same but each one is special in their own way (inserting a heart emoji here)

Good luck with the New Years resolution One Rep Max.

Mine is the same old lose some timber, but I’m looking at joining the RED thingy. Run Every Day of January to raise awareness for MIND. If I stop eating all the foods it could be doable :lol:

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:54 am

One rep max wrote:
Kompany4 wrote:

He’s ok!

Yes I was in denial for so long but I’m glad i read up on it mate because now I can prevent meltdowns or bad situations from occurring where as before I had no clue
I take a lot of positives from it now he’s played for the Man City Accademy since he was 4 got signed at 8 but people look at him they don’t have a clue what he’s going through deep down it doesn’t matter what end of the spectrum it is it’s still not fair especially for the child
Take care your self bud and have the best Christmas ever

ashbro74

Postby ashbro74 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Love for our children is Unconditional and we all strive to do our very best by them and bring them up and educate them from our experiences for their journey through their childhood/adulthood.
Personally i frown upon the tag of someone being "different" from somebody else as this can create problems in itself and would much prefer some being "special." There is NO such thing as a "NORMAL child.
A small list below of "special" individuals with Austism who have achieved great things:

Jim Henson (Creator of The Muppets)
Lionel Messi (We all know who he is)
Tim Burton (Director Planet of the Apes, Batman etc..)
Steven Speilberg
Bill Gates
Michael Palin
Vincent Van Gogh
Leonardo Da Vinci to nane but a few.

Endogenisis

Postby Endogenisis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:54 pm

Hey bro I feel ya. One of my lads has autism and the youngest is going through the motions as we speak. It’s a mine field of beurocratic red tape and such. If you ever need any advice or find yourself in a pickle with it give us a shout as I’m nearly six years Of kicking down doctors doors and have learnt a few tricks they don’t tell you. Good luck

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Amazonian wrote:Children/adults with autism simply means they are unique. Unique is a good thing in a world full of sheep.
No 2 people with autism are the same but each one is special in their own way (inserting a heart emoji here)

Mine is the same old lose some timber, but I’m looking at joining the RED thingy. Run Every Day of January to raise awareness for MIND. If I stop eating all the foods it could be doable :lol:

So so true, I take so many positives from it now I mean the negatives are awful for him but he has amazing gifts
He was scouted for Manchester City at 4 years old and signed for them at 8 he receives £2,000 for every year he’s been there and hopefully one day he will make it
He’s top of his class in school but socially and anxiety wise is heartbreaking but yes they are so unique you are right

Endogenisis

Postby Endogenisis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Kompany4 wrote:
Amazonian wrote:Children/adults with autism simply means they are unique. Unique is a good thing in a world full of sheep.

So so true, I take so many positives from it now I mean the negatives are awful for him but he has amazing gifts
He was scouted for Manchester City at 4 years old and signed for them at 8 he receives £2,000 for every year he’s been there and hopefully one day he will make it
He’s top of his class in school but socially and anxiety wise is heartbreaking but yes they are so unique you are right

Theirs a lot of progress being made for people who have autistic spectrum disorder, very interesting to say the least are the trials of hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy including a ketogenic diet high in medium chain triglycerides. There’s some astonishing things happening. Google is your friend theirs some people trying to get word out to the parents. Think you can buy a soft chamber for about 5k. Apparently it was stumbled on by mistake when taking Alzheimer’s patients into decompression chambers. Theirs a few peer reviewed webinars still on YouTube

Return to “General Chat”