bodyfat single digits club

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

Viz

Re: bodyfat single digits club

Postby Viz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:46 am

admin wrote:
great post Viz.
Viz, can i ask about the cardio and dangerous levels on heart rate.
i exercise hard for hours, sometimes hitting my max hr and beyond.
why is this so bad.

It depends on what stimulants you are taking while doing the cardio. ECA does multiple things, the aspirin thins the blood of course, the ephedrine and caffeine are both stimulants.

But the killer, yes that is the correct term, is the Ephedrine. When combined with HIT or prolonged max cardio can and will increase the body temperature to dangerously high levels, particularly if you are not drinking enough water or are training in hot environments.

Professional sports men have died from heatstroke while training on Ephedrine by the way.

Ephedrine can cause heatstroke for two reasons:

It impairs the body's ability to rid itself of heat more of that in the next paragraph.

It makes you hypermetabolic -- that is, it increases the metabolism, which then helps the body to produce more heat internally. As a result, your heart rate goes up and blood pressure elevates, which causes the blood vessels to constrict. It's harder to lose heat through constricted blood vessels. Constricted blood vessels also require the heart to work harder than it normally would without the influence of the drug.

Side effects from Ephedrine are also dose dependant, meaning the more ephedrine you consume, the more likely you are to experience adverse effects, particularly if these are stacked with other metabolic-altering substances (caffiene, yerba mate, yohimbe, etc)

And finally we need to work smart, not just work hard. Not sure if you have any faith in the 'fat burning zone' cardio method. It is normally 65% of your max pulse rate. 220 minus your age and then work out what 65% is. Anyway how it works is like this. After the first 35 mins of constant cardio within that zone your body will stop using other sources of energy and primarily use fat for fuel. The more intensely you work out the more you body turns to carbs for fuel.

Now for normal folks, the fat burning zone is not really valuable. They would do better doing some HIT training for 20 mins. Or some weights. Why? Because they will burn more cal's in total that way and boost their metabolism at the same time which continues to burn more cal's than they normally would. We shift iron. We kick the shyte out of our bodies every time we go to the gym, our metabolism gets that boost on a near daily basis. What we want is to target the subcutaneous fat (stuff under the skin) and use that for fuel.

Cardio after training is good. Get into the zone and go for an hour or more in the zone. Do this a few times a week and see the difference. You consume protein in the same way you are comfortable with, say within a couple of hours of your training as normal. You are not as tired because you are not having to cycle, (cardio) as intensely for that hour, hour and a half. The result is you can work harder in the next weights session AND you will sleep better.

Think about it. :mrgreen:
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:10 am

Viz wrote:
admin wrote:
great post Viz.
Viz, can i ask about the cardio and dangerous levels on heart rate.
i exercise hard for hours, sometimes hitting my max hr and beyond.
why is this so bad.

It depends on what stimulants you are taking while doing the cardio. ECA does multiple things, the aspirin thins the blood of course, the ephedrine and caffeine are both stimulants.

But the killer, yes that is the correct term, is the Ephedrine. When combined with HIT or prolonged max cardio can and will increase the body temperature to dangerously high levels, particularly if you are not drinking enough water or are training in hot environments.

Professional sports men have died from heatstroke while training on Ephedrine by the way.

Ephedrine can cause heatstroke for two reasons:

It impairs the body's ability to rid itself of heat more of that in the next paragraph.

It makes you hypermetabolic -- that is, it increases the metabolism, which then helps the body to produce more heat internally. As a result, your heart rate goes up and blood pressure elevates, which causes the blood vessels to constrict. It's harder to lose heat through constricted blood vessels. Constricted blood vessels also require the heart to work harder than it normally would without the influence of the drug.

Side effects from Ephedrine are also dose dependant, meaning the more ephedrine you consume, the more likely you are to experience adverse effects, particularly if these are stacked with other metabolic-altering substances (caffiene, yerba mate, yohimbe, etc)

And finally we need to work smart, not just work hard. Not sure if you have any faith in the 'fat burning zone' cardio method. It is normally 65% of your max pulse rate. 220 minus your age and then work out what 65% is. Anyway how it works is like this. After the first 35 mins of constant cardio within that zone your body will stop using other sources of energy and primarily use fat for fuel. The more intensely you work out the more you body turns to carbs for fuel.

Now for normal folks, the fat burning zone is not really valuable. They would do better doing some HIT training for 20 mins. Or some weights. Why? Because they will burn more cal's in total that way and boost their metabolism at the same time which continues to burn more cal's than they normally would. We shift iron. We kick the shyte out of our bodies every time we go to the gym, our metabolism gets that boost on a near daily basis. What we want is to target the subcutaneous fat (stuff under the skin) and use that for fuel.

Cardio after training is good. Get into the zone and go for an hour or more in the zone. Do this a few times a week and see the difference. You consume protein in the same way you are comfortable with, say within a couple of hours of your training as normal. You are not as tired because you are not having to cycle, (cardio) as intensely for that hour, hour and a half. The result is you can work harder in the next weights session AND you will sleep better.

Think about it. :mrgreen:

i appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us Viz.
makes total sense.
i dont do eph tbh, id be a trembling mess, it just dont work for me.
but i do hard cardio in the heat, ill be sure to keep reminding myself about the hydration.
thanks mate.

Viz

Postby Viz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:48 am

T3 and Clen stacks have a similar risk.

Happy cycling Admin :lol: 8-)

Whizo

Postby Whizo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:25 am

Viz wrote:Gear does not make you lean, your head and determination to stick to your diet and cardio plan makes you lean. The gear is simply one part of that plan Whizo 8-)

Do you have a dead line date to reach a target, say a contest date? Or do you simply want to get below a % BF?

A good rule of thumb that I share with my lads is this.

1 gram of carbohydrate and 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body-weight each day.
Don include fat grams, but they are kept as low as possible. Do include essential fats through flaxseeds, fish oil, etc.

You can use ECA stack in place of any gear as it were. That is up to you. Dosages don't need to be crazy high to work by the way. Also you want low impact cardio so as to not accelerate heart rate to dangerous levels. You also want to take two days off every week, my preferred option as the body gets used to the dosage and requires higher dosage to get the same results. The two days break means you do not have to increase the dosage.

The science to getting shredded is simply, you burn more calories than you consume. Folks on forums often forget that and get too caught up in the different 'aids' to fat burning and increasing metabolism. :mrgreen:

Really appreciate your knowledge Viz. I have used T3 in the past as well as ECA both with success. I am wary of Clen due to its impact on the heart.

Do you carb cycle, have a refeed like Kris once a week, if so what would you do to work out your carb intake on that day?

Not prepping for a contest Viz just trying to get abs to show primarily, but also as an experiment want to see how far I can push myself and my body. When it’s time I will start a log and document everything.

Thanks in advance.

Viz

Postby Viz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:51 am

I hear you Whizo and fully get seeing how far you can push your body.

It is very difficult for me to advise you specifically on your diet and other important nutrients remotely. I would have to see how you trained with changes to your diet and schedule of eating. And no it is not about how much iron you move or if you push more or less, the important signs are changes in your form and your mental state while training. Those are often the key indicators that diet needs tweaking or is working.

So what I would say is trust yourself when it comes to how you manage your diet. Carbs are not the enemy mate. You need them to train, to grow. When you eat, when you train, how you rest are all important. Personally the rest phase is the most important for me even when cutting.

But I will say this. Start recording everything you eat for a fortnight. At the same time get into the habit of recording when you train, how the training went and what you felt like. Keep notes on your sleep, your moods and basic well being. Keep body stats too.

At the end of that period you will have enough data to start to see patterns of what worked for you and what did not. You will also be surprised at how much, or how few calories you actually consumed. That will be the biggest plus of the recording your intake. That will allow you to reduce, only slightly the daily amounts to go into negative caloric consumption. Use the carb and protein guide amounts to regulate how much you have and play with them. You may find you need more carb that person A to loose BF. One of my lads eats twice as much carbs as most of the others to get lean. Don't ask me why I have no idea it is just how his body works. Too much protein makes him smooth and put on BF.

Your body composition is unique. That means your dietary needs will be too. Trust your body to tell you what it needs.

Whizo

Postby Whizo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:19 pm

Many thanks Viz brother when I do start my cut I will upload pics so everyone can see my progress or lack of. I am sure with the knowledge on this board I can achieve success, not long to go now, maybe another 4 weeks.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:34 am

think ive left the single digit club after a night on the piss :(

probably entered the 25% fat fuck club.

Viz

Postby Viz » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:57 am

admin wrote:think ive left the single digit club after a night on the piss :(

LOL you will be surprised mate. The change up in food consumption makes the body get all hyper and shoots metabolism through the roof. As long as it is once every now and then no worries. It is the on the piss every night that messes stuff up.
Last edited by Viz on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whizo

Postby Whizo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:10 pm

admin wrote:think ive left the single digit club after a night on the piss :(

Still better than being 34% like I was a few years ago, hard training and dieting soon got me to under 15% and very close to 10%

Return to “General Chat”