Moderator: MOO

Thejosephbear

Re: Simeon Panda

Postby Thejosephbear » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:48 pm

The dude is a douche.

lurch

Postby lurch » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:51 pm

Maybe he just brought the CYBERGENICS kit from Holland and Barratt with his paper round money? Those of us in our forties will remember that shit! :lol: Natural to Mr O in 8 weeks, long before we had interweb, and were blessed to be a part of a family community like this!
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. Lance Armstrong

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:48 am

lurch wrote:Maybe he just brought the CYBERGENICS kit from Holland and Barratt with his paper round money? Those of us in our forties will remember that shit! :lol: Natural to Mr O in 8 weeks, long before we had interweb, and were blessed to be a part of a family community like this!

Think we probably all used Cybergenics stuff back then, I remember the weight gainer, tasted like shit & you needed a cement mixer, even then when you held your nose & downed it there was a sediment left at the bottom of the glass
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

Viz

Postby Viz » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:09 am

Bloody hell now that is a product name from the past.

Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

Bonus

Postby Bonus » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:31 am

ADAM wrote:
lurch wrote:Maybe he just brought the CYBERGENICS kit from Holland and Barratt with his paper round money? Those of us in our forties will remember that shit! :lol: Natural to Mr O in 8 weeks, long before we had interweb, and were blessed to be a part of a family community like this!

Think we probably all used Cybergenics stuff back then, I remember the weight gainer, tasted like shit & you needed a cement mixer, even then when you held your nose & downed it there was a sediment left at the bottom of the glass

:lol:
Embarrasing to think the money I spent on gimic stuff like that in the early 90's :oops:
Remember purchasing one particular 'kit' of products once which came with an array of (snake oil) capsules and powders claiming to be the latest in muscle building suppliments, even came with a bottle of 'digestive enzyme' gel which was basicaly some kind of fluorescent gloop which tasted like sweetned washing powder complete with granules.
Anyone remember the early BCAA tabs? About £80 for a small tub and were the size of a 1 man submarine :lol:
Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance determines your destiny.

Littletodd

Postby Littletodd » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:40 am

I spent about £120 on a months worth of “norateen heavyweight” by LA muscle when I first started training. Should have just bought dbol ffs
Massive, Ripped, Natural <<<< Pick two

No amount of fat burners will substitute a calorie deficit :-)

St3ri1is

Postby St3ri1is » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 pm

:lol: I think we all wasted a shit load of money on crap when we first started out. You could have got 3 packs of dbol for the same price as a shitty testosterone booster :oops:

Chris GW

Postby Chris GW » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:50 am

Luckily, I didn't really get properly into BBing until my mid 20s and I had a neighbour at the time who competed and gave me some good advice regarding diet, training and otc supplements.

Although, I remember some of my mates buying supps from the Argos catalogue when we were teenagers, way back before they sold anything half decent like they do now. I distinctly remember one mate buying this weight-gain powder and fuck me it was rancid. Chalky, tasted revolting, a horrible texture. The kind of thing you had to hold your nose and just do what you can to get it down you. It was probably some "own-brand" Argos bullshit because it really was so so bad.

Makes me laugh thinking back as none of them would be training or eating properly to even be making any progress, yet so much importance was given to these supps as "the magic bullet" that will build that desirable physique. Just shows the power of advertising against a naive, uneducated mind I guess!
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you can't.
Either way, you're right...

Graham

Postby Graham » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm

I remember spending hundreds of £s in one go on EAS supplements. It was advertised that a ten week program could transform a person's body shape.

I was already in reasonable shape and thought this was the answer. Trained like a demon and it made very little difference. Except to my wallet.

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Cybergencs was the pathway to awesomeness for sure.

100g of creatine was about £30 back then too.

Return to “General Chat”