Modern Day Gripes . . .

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

Graham

Modern Day Gripes . . .

Postby Graham » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:44 am

Hey guys, what really gets on your tits about recent changes in the fabric of society?

Mine is the misuse of mobile phones! F**king hate to see them abused.
Examples include:-
Seeing a family of four at a meal in a restaurant and each person was on their own mobile. No communication between them.

Going out for a pint and a chat with mates and one of them spends half the night on his mobile phone. When he was told that he was being a rude c*nt, he couldn't understand why.

Seeing mothers wheeling their young children in prams/pushchairs and talking into a mobile rather than nurturing their kid.

That's my modern day gripe. Anyone else got one?

Littletodd

Re: Modern Day Gripes . . .

Postby Littletodd » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:57 am

To be honest Graham, I can't think of many things that annoy me more than what you've said.

Couples out for a meal, both on their phones. Groups of teenagers in mcdonalds sitting together all on their phones not saying a word to each other. People in my office with their phones on their desk like some entitled nitwit, scrolling through social media instead of doing their job then thinking the world owes them an extension when they miss deadlines.

I have a fairly recently born son, 7 months old. I dread to think how bad it's going to be by the time he's a teenager
Massive, Ripped, Natural <<<< Pick two

No amount of fat burners will substitute a calorie deficit :-)

Viz

Postby Viz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:26 am

Sorry can't be bothered to reply to this thread, on me phone texting some crap to some arsehole who I don't really like or know but he texted me so that makes me feel important.

Phones in the fucking gym do my head in. When I go into train, either myself or with my lads we want to train. BUT NO can't use a leg press machine cos some fuckwit is sitting there texting for the last 10 mins. I shit you not. Then has the balls to tell us he still have three sets to go. Mate you have taken half hour to do two...
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

Abs-Sent

Postby Abs-Sent » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:27 am

Littletodd wrote:To be honest Graham, I can't think of many things that annoy me more than what you've said.

Couples out for a meal, both on their phones. Groups of teenagers in mcdonalds sitting together all on their phones not saying a word to each other. People in my office with their phones on their desk like some entitled nitwit, scrolling through social media instead of doing their job then thinking the world owes them an extension when they miss deadlines.

I have a fairly recently born son, 7 months old. I dread to think how bad it's going to be by the time he's a teenager

They'll all be tuned into VR by the times he's grown up chap - Player Number One. Conversation is sooooo 90's :roll:

KJS

Postby KJS » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Haha don't get me started on the misuse or irritating use of mobile phones, it is not just the youngsters.
I was in a restaurant the other week, a well healed woman easily in her 60s accompanied by husband answers her phone and starts a conversation with it on loud speaker, she kept saying down the phone can you hear me? can yo hear me? after what seemed a minute or so I said 'yes I can unfortunately, take your conversation outside'.
She then had the brass neck to say to the person on the call, 'sorry I will call you back in a while there is a very rude gentleman in the restaurant' stupid cow!

Chris GW

Postby Chris GW » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:15 pm

I've got to be honest, mis use of steroids and PEDs. I see some crazy "cycles" posted online by people I know aren't making the most of the more important aspects, nutrition and training. You'd think someone running a combined total of 3g of gear should be 250lbs at 8% bodyfat...not 12 stone dripping wet Fair enough it's none of my damn business what people do to their bodies, it's just that I have got first hand experience of what can happen when your health takes a very unexpected turn for the worst. Not that my issues are gear related, but the culture of AAS use is FAR too casual. Just jab stupid amounts and worry about the consequences later kinda attitude. It winds me up because you can achieve so much with very modest amounts if you really get educated and do things properly.
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you can't.
Either way, you're right...

Sidlittle

Postby Sidlittle » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:26 pm

Maybe its me getting old lol,or just the way the world is now,but wtf happened to having decent manners and respect for people?i was always taught that manners and respect make a person,so i really dont understand whats happened to people nowadays.
Example, i was waiting for my other to finish her shift,so i popped into a local cafe near the train station in Derby.ordered my food and coffee and sat down.As i looked up,i could see one of the waitresses struggling towards me with a pile of plates.she had glasses in one hand and stack of dishes in the other.As she got to me i asked if she needed a hand,she just grunted,s i took the plates from her and carried them to the counter,where i put them down and said "there you go ".if the look she gave me could have killed,i would be stone dead lol.no thanks,no gratitude,absolutely nothing.i went back and finished my coffee,and when i was leaving she just stood and glared,so i thought,yes love,fuck you too.Did i expect too much lol?
Who says that you cant teach an old dog new tricks? :lol:

ash111

Postby ash111 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:37 pm

what really annoys me is people now seem to have a sense of entitlement e.g kids don't think they need to be paying house keep now yet spend 200 quid on trainers also because things have made more easy for the majority, it seems so hard for people to get things slightly out of the norm correct ,people just dont seem to think out of the box, oh i also had a woman today about 60 floss her teeth in a que in front of me at a cafe that really wound me up lol

DjdiazeMK2

Postby DjdiazeMK2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Use a phone in my gym and the owner will bounce a plate off your head, same as if you have bad manners and attitude

I have a burner phone not because I'm a drug dealer but because I don't feel the need to check my emails or the internet when I'm out experiencing nice things. I've been on dates and got up and walked out as the bird is on her fucking phone.

People's General lack of respect for others and others property

Ignorance being the "IN" thing

When like the word like is like used all the time like

DjdiazeMK2

Postby DjdiazeMK2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:35 pm

Just realized the irony of my profile picture with an iPhone........I do have 2 of them but honestly they stay at home and are used as tablets since I quit social media :lol:

Return to “General Chat”