Old school back in town....

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

Grumpy

Old school back in town....

Postby Grumpy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:11 am

Hey Guys.....I came across this site when i tried looking for the GMJ forums on google so I guess this is the same place with a new name???
I've been off the radar for quite a few years now dealing with life and all it's bullshit but I really miss the straight talking banter from the crew that used to be on the GMJ forums. Any of the old posse still on here? Lew, Graham, Straad, Alien, WOT, etc

admin
Site Admin

Re: Old school back in town....

Postby admin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:48 am

Grumpy wrote:Hey Guys.....I came across this site when i tried looking for the GMJ forums on google so I guess this is the same place with a new name???
I've been off the radar for quite a few years now dealing with life and all it's bullshit but I really miss the straight talking banter from the crew that used to be on the GMJ forums. Any of the old posse still on here? Lew, Graham, Straad, Alien, WOT, etc

hey!!!
yeah lew still here, alien is ben, still here, graham still around, although rarely, and straad has popped in once or twice over the last 5 year, lol..

Graham

Postby Graham » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:36 am

Still here. Not as much as I'd like though.

Life gets in the way . . . divorce and all the disruption that brings. . . house move, etc.

Gonna make an effort to get here more often.

Gotta be honest, I garnered some great advice from this forum (with it's various names) and met some great people!

Abs-Sent

Postby Abs-Sent » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:17 pm

..and I thought I'd been around a while! Well welcome (back) Grumpy! Many of us going through life's mill at the moment but that's what the gym's there for isn't it - clear the head and build the body ;)

Admin(Lew)
Site Admin

Postby Admin(Lew) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Grumpy wrote:Hey Guys.....I came across this site when i tried looking for the GMJ forums on google so I guess this is the same place with a new name???

Grumpy!!!!
many of us still around..
we have changed names a few times, but we are one of the longest running bodybuilding forums now, when we started it was elite fitness and steroids 101 in the 90s..

ANABOLIC ANSWERING
GREAT MAN JOHN
GMJ
BODYBUILDING BRITIAN
BODYBUILDINGMUSCLEANDFITNESS

2001.jpg

and this picture above which shows all the love and support from across the new, shows why this forum still goes on today..
and yet another reason why the standards of JD the man in control, will NEVER drop.

lurch

Postby lurch » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:13 am

Admin(Lew) wrote:

Grumpy!!!!
we have changed names a few times, but we are one of the longest running bodybuilding forums now, when we started it was elite fitness and steroids 101 in the 90s..

ANABOLIC ANSWERING
GREAT MAN JOHN
GMJ
BODYBUILDING BRITIAN

2001.jpg

and this picture above which shows all the love and support from across the new, shows why this forum still goes on today..
and yet another reason why the standards of JD the man in control, will NEVER drop.

Making me feel old Lewi, that's 20 odd years ago, I think I remember "monster dwarf, stumpy, big j?" if my memory serves me correctly!?!?
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. Lance Armstrong

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:21 am

lurch wrote:
Admin(Lew) wrote:

Grumpy!!!!

ANABOLIC ANSWERING
GREAT MAN JOHN
GMJ
BODYBUILDING BRITIAN

Making me feel old Lewi, that's 20 odd years ago, I think I remember "monster dwarf, stumpy, big j?" if my memory serves me correctly!?!?

Yea we are getting old
Attachments
Screenshot_20171230-213237.png
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

Admin(Lew)
Site Admin

Postby Admin(Lew) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 am

lurch wrote:
Admin(Lew) wrote:

Grumpy!!!!

ANABOLIC ANSWERING
GREAT MAN JOHN
GMJ
BODYBUILDING BRITIAN

2001.jpg

yup!!!
would you believe, its not far off 20 years ago we lost John!!!!!

Graham

Postby Graham » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:36 pm

So many good guys on here over the years!

Skip, Vitaman, Lionbreath, Vinnland, JY211, Biggrin, Deltress, Warlock, Wire, . . . apologies if I've missed anyone.

Gotta be about 18 years since I first stumbled on GMJ via a site called IronsUP, I think.

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Yea, I remember you from back then Graham, from Wales if I remember correctly, with a Welsh flag on your profile
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

Return to “General Chat”