Ketogenic diets...

Moderator: MOO

Dbol Squirrel

Ketogenic diets...

Postby Dbol Squirrel » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Theres alot of research going on in this area.
Fucking hard to stay on a super low carb diet but the benefits seem huge.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/di ... edications

Kompany4

Re: Ketogenic diets...

Postby Kompany4 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:54 pm

Dbol Squirrel wrote:Theres alot of research going on in this area.

Squiz, thanks for sharing that link bud, I must admit I've been on anti psychotic meds since January this year endured a longish section and other troubles along the way and still have really crap days

I'm extremely interested in this theory of a keto diet to aid with mental health and will seriously try anything to help eliminate or atleast subside some of my symptoms

I wouldn't know where to start with the diet to be honest?
If anybody reading this has any plans or tips I could follow for a standard 7 day eating plan I'd be willing to pay them for their time and help via PayPal or something

Some days are great some days are terrible and you get to the point of desperation where you would try anything

Cheers

Littletodd

Postby Littletodd » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Kompany4 wrote:

Squiz, thanks for sharing that link bud, I must admit I've been on anti psychotic meds since January this year endured a longish section and other troubles along the way and still have really crap days

I'm extremely interested in this theory of a keto diet to aid with mental health and will seriously try anything to help eliminate or atleast subside some of my symptoms

If anybody reading this has any plans or tips I could follow for a standard 7 day eating plan I'd be willing to pay them for their time and help via PayPal or something

Some days are great some days are terrible and you get to the point of desperation where you would try anything

Cheers

Kompany, Dave Palumbo did a real good keto diet, have a look here https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5899101
Massive, Ripped, Natural <<<< Pick two!

You can't spell "Strength" without "Tren" - coincidence? Probably not...

Whizo

Postby Whizo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:57 pm

Kompany4 wrote:

Cheers

Mate, my advise to you would be to use the web, just Google Keto diet plan or Keto diet for beginners and a shit ton of sites will explain exactly what you need to do to setup your own diet plan. The best person to design you a diet plan that's personal to you and your lifestyle is YOU. Don't be tempted to pay for something that's available freely with a bit of searching on the web. Most people will take you for a ride and rid you of your money before you even say Ketogenic lol. Just looking out for you brother.

Deads4days

Postby Deads4days » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:16 pm

I think going to low crab for too long is a dangerous game and matter of time before you crash metabolism/fuck thyroid.

Of your looking for health benefits Intermittent fasting has similar benefits and means also you don't have to mess around with testing your bloods and other weird shit.

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Thanks for the replies so far guys, never been much of a cutter I love my food too much

Just the psychological side of the article got me thinking that's all and just wanted some input that's all

Whizo I hear you pal and would never shell out for online nitrionists etc it would of just been a tenner or summat wired over to have a drink on me as a gesture of thanks

Been on the train from Euston to Manchester this afternoon and read up quite a bit on it thanks guys

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:29 am

Take your overall calories for each day and split them 30% protein 70% fats carbs should be trace to start. keep in as much healthy fats as possible and good quality protein

Work out 18 meals that fit into the above and just rotate them.

Thats pretty much it. You will feel ok for the firs few days the crap for the next few then fine once your body adjusts. Takes about 72 hours to get into keto depending on how fast you burn through the last of the carb reserves.

AS D4D says though long term not the best option IMO for any one, especially someone who weight trains.

Return to “Diet & Nutrition”