Some help with a program

Moderator: MOO

Amazonian

Some help with a program

Postby Amazonian » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi guys,

My diet is fine but I’m looking to get back into the gym for inch loss. The gym I’m in has the standard treadmill, one of the new curved manually powered ones, rower, bikes and cross trainers (which I hate)
Also it has your standard machines and free weights.
Can anybody be please direct me towards a good inch loss program? I’m not afraid to train hard, I just don’t know where to start with what days do I do what body parts, do I do upper body together etc? Also what sort of reps and sets am I looking at for each exercise?

Any advice would be great....thanks :D

Thomas

Re: Some help with a program

Postby Thomas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Always hard to give advice with out a decent history / background, but for what you want ie inch loss its basically caories in calories out so any form of exercise is all good.

Am also assuming you are a woman but broadly speaking

3 days weights , three days cardio

Weight wise alternated between the two, below is very very basic. Working sets ie the three sets are not worm ups they should be hard you should get 10 reps and fail on number 11

Day 1

Deadlifts 3 sets 10 reps
Leg press 3 sets 10 reps
Shoulder press 3 sets 10 reps
Dips 3 sets 10 reps
Any bicep movement 3 sets 10 reps

Day 2

Squats (any kind) 3 sets 10 reps
Hamstring Leg curl 3 sets 10 reps
Pull ups 3 sets 10 reps
DB chest press 3 sets

See how you get on with this .....for cardio

interval training ( can be on a bike / rower , treadmill same structure applies )

10 min fast walking warm up
1 min jog
10 second very fast run
1min walk
Repeat 5 times
5min walk

Stretch your whole body( Important )

Any core work you fancy

Alternate between below and above for cardio...

30-40 mins uphill fast walk with as steep as in incline as you can manage.

Any core work you fancy

Remember to try to improve on times and weights each time you go and drink lots of water.

Deads4days

Postby Deads4days » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:03 pm

As what Thomas said, or I hate to say it but if it's just weight loss and general cardio health etc crossfit may be a good option as combines cardio with bodyweight exercises that would.prob be more fun and easier to.stick to most commercial gyms.have classes and groups for all experience levels etc.

Amazonian

Postby Amazonian » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:21 am

Thomas wrote:Always hard to give advice with out a decent history / background, but for what you want ie inch loss its basically caories in calories out so any form of exercise is all good.

Am also assuming you are a woman but broadly speaking

3 days weights , three days cardio

Weight wise alternated between the two, below is very very basic. Working sets ie the three sets are not worm ups they should be hard you should get 10 reps and fail on number 11

Day 1

Deadlifts 3 sets 10 reps
Leg press 3 sets 10 reps
Shoulder press 3 sets 10 reps
Dips 3 sets 10 reps

Day 2

Squats (any kind) 3 sets 10 reps
Hamstring Leg curl 3 sets 10 reps
Pull ups 3 sets 10 reps
DB chest press 3 sets

See how you get on with this .....for cardio

interval training ( can be on a bike / rower , treadmill same structure applies )

10 min fast walking warm up
1 min jog
10 second very fast run
1min walk
Repeat 5 times
5min walk

Any core work you fancy

Alternate between below and above for cardio...

30-40 mins uphill fast walk with as steep as in incline as you can manage.

Any core work you fancy

Remember to try to improve on times and weights each time you go and drink lots of water.

Thank you so much!! This gives me something to work with. CV I have no issue with I just wasn’t sure when to squeeze it in. I’ll have a play around this week with weights etc to really push it hard and yes I am a woman :lol: thanks again Thomas

Amazonian

Postby Amazonian » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:22 am

Deads4days wrote:As what Thomas said, or I hate to say it but if it's just weight loss and general cardio health etc crossfit may be a good option as combines cardio with bodyweight exercises that would.prob be more fun and easier to.stick to most commercial gyms.have classes and groups for all experience levels etc.

I’d love to do CrossFit but unfortunately they don’t do it anywhere near where I live. But thank you

Return to “Diet, Nutrition & Training”