Anabolic hormones

Postby Animalchin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Could this be right.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180125-124858.png

Abs-Sent

Re: Anabolic hormones

Postby Abs-Sent » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:58 pm

in a really basic to the point of misleading way - yes. You do need to keep "good" fats high to maximise Test production but a lot of what they cite is more optimising your diet for metabolism rather than anabolism. It's not bad advice, just misplaced and inaccurately put.

Animalchin

Postby Animalchin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Abs-Sent wrote:in a really basic to the point of misleading way - yes. You do need to keep "good" fats high to maximise Test production but a lot of what they cite is more optimising your diet for metabolism rather than anabolism. It's not bad advice, just misplaced and inaccurately put.

How would you change it round Abs, would you add high fats before training or after along with protein. I'm trying to get my shit together.

Abs-Sent

Postby Abs-Sent » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi chap, One of the problems with the list is that it's just scatter-gun advice about nutrition in general. Personally I train fasted because I train at 7am and don't like anything in my stomach (except BCAAs and coffee), but if you train later then some carbs and protein are fine as long as you have a couple of hours (in my case) before working out.
Generally, quite high good fats (Olive oil, coconut oil, peanut butter, Avocados etc) and proteins in you meals away from training (eg if you train lunchtime, have them for breakfast adn dinner) and group your carbs more around your workout ie meal before and after to give you energy before and to replenish glycogen after with less chance of the carbs turning to fat.
It's a highly individual situation though but overall I'd focus mainly on just hitting your daily macros of Fats/Protein/Carbs in a ratio around 40/40/20 as a percentage of where your calories come from but not sweat the nutrient timing so much. Some people are better with more carbs but in terms of insulin sensitivity and optimising test and metabolic levels I'd go with higher fats.

Animalchin

Postby Animalchin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:37 pm

Cheers Abs. It's something I need to get my head around. I mostly train late afternoon but Friday I train weights at 2pm then 6-7:30 pm bjj.

Return to “Diet, Nutrition & Training”