Cottage cheese for protein?

Moderator: MOO

KoronaKomplex

Cottage cheese for protein?

Postby KoronaKomplex » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 am

So the current situation here in the eastern parts of Europe where I reside in is that there’s been some incidents of salmonella from the chicken and tape worm from the beef being sold at the supermarkets and butchers.

I’ve found some Bulgarian cottage cheese here. Details are:
450 kcals per tub.
60g protein
20 fat
20 carbs

I was thinking of doing 3 of these a day?

80p a tub, what do you guys think?

Kubis

Re: Cottage cheese for protein?

Postby Kubis » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:57 am

Can you not get tinned tuna or other fresh fish? Only saying that as you will be getting the protein with much less fat, also order protein powder if your worried about the meat being sold where you live.
if it's impotant to you then you will find a way, if it's not then you'll always find an excuse

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:05 pm

You can get low fat cottage cheese. But yes will be fine.

As K says plenty other options as well

Ataraxia

Postby Ataraxia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Cottage cheese is a great source of protein and can usually be found in low fat versions as mentioned above. I like it mixed with pineapple as it makes it quite tasty and you can often buy it this way.
You could also try quark which is a type of soft cheese that you can eat like a yogurt. It is high protein and low fat. If you have a sweet tooth you can mix in a low fat chocolate drink to turn it into a sort of healthy desert.
Greek yogurt is also relatively high protein too. If you add in honey and walnuts it will help in other areas too apparently.

alex005

Postby alex005 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:57 pm

I eat Cottage cheese almost daily for breakfast, sometimes add tomato and nuts or sunflower, sometimes with fruit and sometimes with honey. Any form is cool because it tastes great both sweet and savory. I also recommend Greek yoghurt as an alternative. They have a lot of protein
[font=Bradley Hand ITC]“If You Are Working On Something That You Really Care About, You Don’t Have To Be Pushed. The Vision Pulls You.” – Steve Jobs[/font]

Bigmick81

Postby Bigmick81 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Great pre bed also.. I love walnuts also pre bed..

DarrenG

Postby DarrenG » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Perfectly fine too eat good amount off protein

But try get in meats too not just milk based mix off different protein for amino profiles

Return to “Diet, Nutrition & Training”