Low max squat

Moderator: MOO

Littletodd

Low max squat

Postby Littletodd » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:29 am

As above, I can bench 100kg for 6 but can only squat 80kg for 6!

If i'm on cycle it goes up to about 100kg but natural (which I have been for about a year) my max is pretty poor tbh. I have tried adding more plates but I end up twisting my body as I push through which indicates the weight was too much

Is there any reason for this other than weak legs?
Massive, Ripped, Natural <<<< Pick two

No amount of fat burners will substitute a calorie deficit :-)

Kompany4

Re: Low max squat

Postby Kompany4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:35 am

Hi bud I was in a similar position a few years ago
My technique was slightly off point and also my core needed a lot more work factored in these by doing some ab work and basically adding in more squats per week
Strong core plus good lower back, good ham/glute recruitment and more squatting I’m sure you will improve

Littletodd

Postby Littletodd » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:05 am

I don't deadlift so that probably makes perfect sense! So if I start deadlifting strengthen my lower back and core chances are my squat will increase?

Reason I don't deadlift is because I was told deadlifts = chunkier waist, bodybuilder type physique and no deadlifts = small waist, good V-Taper physique. As the latter was my goal I stopped doing them about 3 years ago

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:10 am

Deadlifting would definitely help but you could still achieve heavier squats without them
Add in some good core work and just simply squat more than you already are doing should see some improvements it helped me out for sure mate

Edit: By squat more I mean frequency not weight

Littletodd

Postby Littletodd » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:21 am

Lets give it a try then Kompany!

Gona add in an extra day starting next week for squats and add in some core work at the end of each session, thanks for your input.

Just pisses me off when I see people same size and same weight as me squatting 160kg :lol: I thought it was just me being a little bitch so I tried adding more plates but as I mentioned, my body was twisting on the way up so obviously too much weight

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:32 am

Yes mate no point loading the bar if your form is gonna go out of the window, good luck with this and stick at it bud you’ll soon see some improvements

Littletodd

Postby Littletodd » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 am

Kompany4 wrote:Yes mate no point loading the bar if your form is gonna go out of the window, good luck with this and stick at it bud you’ll soon see some improvements

Forgot to ask, hows your recovery going?

Kompany4

Postby Kompany4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:43 am

Was crap news mate went to my last X-ray full of high hopes for some physio to free off my hip and leg

It’s massively restricted can only bend it so far and lift it up so high I can’t put my shoes and socks on etc and it’s all come apparent why now my thigh bone smashed up into my socket and stayed there the consultant said these types of breaks have a maximum of 5 days to be operated on other wise the new bone starts growing around it
Now I well and truly missed the 5 day window as I was in a coma for 4 weeks so I’m stuck with this now how it is permanent limp and constant pain and restricted big time with what I can do with my left leg
They will look to replace the hip in 5 years but I don’t think I can last that long

Many thanks for asking LT

Littletodd

Postby Littletodd » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:54 am

Holy shitballs, not the response I was hoping for :( Sorry to hear that bud.

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:09 am

Kompany4 wrote:Was crap news mate went to my last X-ray full of high hopes for some physio to free off my hip and leg

It’s massively restricted can only bend it so far and lift it up so high I can’t put my shoes and socks on etc and it’s all come apparent why now my thigh bone smashed up into my socket and stayed there the consultant said these types of breaks have a maximum of 5 days to be operated on other wise the new bone starts growing around it
Now I well and truly missed the 5 day window as I was in a coma for 4 weeks so I’m stuck with this now how it is permanent limp and constant pain and restricted big time with what I can do with my left leg
They will look to replace the hip in 5 years but I don’t think I can last that long

Many thanks for asking LT

Fuck, sorry to hear that mate. I would be looking for a second opinion.
A lot of Operations are carried out privately that are not done on NHS. If you can afford it mate get a consultancy at a private hospital.
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

Return to “Diet, Nutrition & Training”