Carbs and cutting

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

admin
Site Admin

Re: Carbs and cutting

Postby admin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:00 am

I play around with my carbs massively.
I’ve noticed where my training starts to suffer so I readjust and take them up.
For example, if I hit less than 300 grams of carbs in a day and then go cycling, it’s no issue, but the following day is a tough on in the gym, and I look depleted.
So I kinda play around with carbs..
Big training days / cycling days etc I’ll hit minimum 300 grams, then I’ll have a couple days where I’m not even hitting 200s

Chris GW

Postby Chris GW » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Interesting stuff, thanks for all the input. What's the highest you guys will go, carb wise?
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you can't.
Either way, you're right...

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Chris GW wrote:Interesting stuff, thanks for all the input. What's the highest you guys will go, carb wise?

obviously highest carb days are the loads after depletion when wanting to look good for whatever event, then they can be 1000 per day for 2 days, and just check mirror and see if any spillage.

i think i could hit 400gram of carbs per day and not have an issue spilling now because my days are pretty active.

OLLIEM1

Postby OLLIEM1 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:15 am

Hi Im just reading through your very interesting data finds on weight loss. Are you doing your fasted cardio in the morning? This worked wonders for me along with eating lots of salads, water melon and carrots. Carbs work a day behind you so eat your hit at dinner plus a small potatoe or pasta just to keep your body from going hypogliceimic. The best way is to incorporate your diet into your year as opposed to your months, this gives you a life style change rather than a sudden shock and also your body reacts better to tweaks like adding in an extra potatoe this week as you are doing a bike ride or some thing extra.

Good luck but.

OLLIEM1

Postby OLLIEM1 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:16 am

Hi Im just reading through your very interesting data finds on weight loss. Are you doing your fasted cardio in the morning? This worked wonders for me along with eating lots of salads, water melon and carrots. Carbs work a day behind you so eat your hit at dinner plus a small potatoe or pasta just to keep your body from going hypogliceimic. The best way is to incorporate your diet into your year as opposed to your months, this gives you a life style change rather than a sudden shock and also your body reacts better to tweaks like adding in an extra potatoe this week as you are doing a bike ride or some thing extra.

Good luck bud.

Chris GW

Postby Chris GW » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:02 am

I started dieting properly on Monday, I've been trying a few things that are new to me, I've got a holiday to Egypt in 10 weeks so have a bit of time to experiment and see what works/What I like. I think my main issue is mind set, I'm an all or nothing type of person and i have a big appetite and a killer sweet tooth, so until I properly flip the switch and really get into diet mode, I can tend to not be as strict as necessary. Id guess I'm about 16% bodyfat currently, 99kg.

This Is the result of my cut last year, I finished dieting by the end of September and got to about 93kg at approx 12% bodyfat.

My aim this year would be roughly the same weight at about 9-10%. By November the 1st.
Attachments
IMG_3966.PNG
IMG_3945.JPG

One rep max

Postby One rep max » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:04 pm

I find that carbs bloat me out is it important to eat them in every meal?
Getting there one step at a time!
Getting there one rep at a time!
Starting again isn’t always a bad thing a chance to be better than before

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:18 am

Chris GW wrote:I started dieting properly on Monday, I've been trying a few things that are new to me, I've got a holiday to Egypt in 10 weeks so have a bit of time to experiment and see what works/What I like. I think my main issue is mind set, I'm an all or nothing type of person and i have a big appetite and a killer sweet tooth, so until I properly flip the switch and really get into diet mode, I can tend to not be as strict as necessary. Id guess I'm about 16% bodyfat currently, 99kg.

This Is the result of my cut last year, I finished dieting by the end of September and got to about 93kg at approx 12% bodyfat.

My aim this year would be roughly the same weight at about 9-10%. By November the 1st.

great shape Chris!!!
10 weeks till Egypt... just the thing to keep you motivated!
i do need similar motivational trips, moments etc otherwise it gets stale.

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:58 am

Agree, nice shape & condition Chris
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

Chris GW

Postby Chris GW » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Cheers lads...in case youd like to see my starting point this was taken a week ago...
Attachments
IMG_20180815_195333_728.jpg

Return to “General Chat”