Carb intake

Moderator: MOO

P44ttf
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Carb intake

Postby P44ttf » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Looking for a bit of advice lads im currently trying to bulk I'm weighing 12stone 4lb and taking in 350g of carbs a day but I'm starting to struggle I want to increase the carb intake but I'm feeling full, my carb sources are from mainly oats and rice and dextrose post workout to spike insulin levels, any advice apprieceited

Kompany4
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:00 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Carb intake

Postby Kompany4 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 pm

What carbs are you eating bud?

What’s the rest of your diet look like?

P44ttf
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: Carb intake

Postby P44ttf » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:15 pm

Meal 1 cheese on toast, 40g whey protein 2 scoops blended oats with milk

Meal 2 big bowl porridge

Meals 3 2 tin mackerel and wholegrain rice

Meal 4 pre workout 20g whey protein, 1 scoop blended oats

Meal 5 40g protein, 60g dextrose

Meal 6 chicken breast and rice

Meal 7 casein protein pre bed

I need to calculate my fats and protein I will do later

Thomas
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Carb intake

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:05 pm

I think you need to look at your whole diet mate top to bottom.

Where is your body fat at ?

Height ?

Training volume / days in the gym ?

Job ?

Any cardio ?

Any digestive aids ?

What are the weights / amounts for each meal ?

How long between prework out meal and training ?

You need to find what carbs work best for "YOU" rather than what the peeps say you should be eating.

P44ttf
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: Carb intake

Postby P44ttf » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Thomas wrote:I think you need to look at your whole diet mate top to bottom.

Where is your body fat at ?

Height ?

Training volume / days in the gym ?

Job ?

Any cardio ?

Any digestive aids ?

What are the weights / amounts for each meal ?

How long between prework out meal and training ?

You need to find what carbs work best for "YOU" rather than what the peeps say you should be eating.


Not sure on my body fat at a guess I'd say 12 to 13 im 5ft9, I train 4 days a week Monday chest triceps, Tuesday squats, Wednesday back and biceps, friday shoulders, i try to aim for 10 rep range sometimes I do increase the weight and get 6 reps, i don't do cardio as yet as I'm trying to gain weight but I will start and do cardio when I feel I've got the size, preworkout meal is usually half hour before, I still need to work all my macros out, funny you say digestive aids I've been suffering with heart burn quite recently after upping my carb intake usually after eating oats is there any digestive aids you would recommend, thanks for advice though

Thomas
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Carb intake

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:01 pm

This is a bit quick and rough with a touch of copy and paste but no need to stick to traditional thinking bodybuilding foods all the time, especially if you are naturally lean.

M1 - 6 wheetabix, scambled egg whites, almond butter and whey, probiotic

M2 100g instant porridge ( ready break type ) , 50/50 mix of whey and egg white powder....60 min per workout

Intra workout shake - 75g dextrose, EAA's, citrulline, glutamine, beta alanine etc

M3 Post workout meal - 100g cream of rice, 45g whey isolate, mixed berries, 1 banana, 2 rice crispie marshmallow squares

M4 Post post workout meal - chicken breast, 100g cooked basmati rice, pineapple and sweet chilli sauce, banana, nutrigtain raisin bakes

M5 lean beef mice made into chilli, 200g sweet potato

M6 Casin powder, Total yohurt, almond butter

That will top 350 easily and pretty much all easily digestible.

Remember to go up in small jumps, big jumps = fat for 99% of us.

Play about with food choices and see what gives you the best results in terms of energy, strength, appetite,digestion etc.

Deads4days
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:00 pm

Re: Carb intake

Postby Deads4days » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:04 pm

To add to the great info Thomas gave as for digestive you can have Pineapple, one of the best for helping digestion due to it containing lots of digestive enzhymes.

P44ttf
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: Carb intake

Postby P44ttf » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:06 pm

Thomas wrote:This is a bit quick and rough with a touch of copy and paste but no need to stick to traditional thinking bodybuilding foods all the time, especially if you are naturally lean.

M1 - 6 wheetabix, scambled egg whites, almond butter and whey, probiotic

M2 100g instant porridge ( ready break type ) , 50/50 mix of whey and egg white powder....60 min per workout

Intra workout shake - 75g dextrose, EAA's, citrulline, glutamine, beta alanine etc

M3 Post workout meal - 100g cream of rice, 45g whey isolate, mixed berries, 1 banana, 2 rice crispie marshmallow squares

M4 Post post workout meal - chicken breast, cooked basmati rice, pineapple and sweet chilli sauce, banana, nutrigtain raisin bakes

M5 lean beef mice made into chilli, 200g sweet potato

M6 Casin powder, Total yohurt, almond butter

Play about with food choices and see what gives you the best results in terms of energy, strength, appetite etc.


Thanks for that would you not recommend to save the dextrose for post workout to spike insulin to help get protein and nutrients in the muscles

Thomas
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Carb intake

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Try the intra shake in a litre of water sipped from start to fining and let me know how it effects your training...positive or negative ?

Have a good look at the post work out meal and what it comprises of, PWO dextrose is for "back in the day"

P44ttf
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: Carb intake

Postby P44ttf » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Thomas wrote:Try the intra shake in a litre of water sipped from start to fining and let me know how it effects your training...positive or negative ?

Have a good look at the post work out meal and what it comprises of, PWO dextrose is for "back in the day"


Il give it a try tomorrow and let you no thanks again Thomas


Return to “Diet & Nutrition”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests