Old Man Cycle Advice

Anabolic Steroids

Moderator: MOO

Graham

Old Man Cycle Advice

Postby Graham » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi guys,

Looking for some very specific advice.

I am an old guy in my 50s. I have trained for many years and do cardio regularly as well as weights. Currently weigh about 16stone and want to look ripped. I'd say I need to lose about 15 to 20 Lbs.

I am looking to do an AS cycle to lose some excess bodyfat and retain (gain would be even better) lean muscle.

I haven't taken any AS for several years. I will continue to do cardio throughout the cycle and will follow the six days clean, one afternoon pigging out diet.

Could any of you recommend a specific cycle - including pct - that would be suitable for me.

If possible, I would prefer to only use stuff from Dunning or any partner labs.

Thanks.

Whizo

Re: Old Man Cycle Advice

Postby Whizo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi Graham

Don’t want to speak out of term here but if all you want to lose is 15 to 20lbs then a clean diet with a calorie deficit will achieve this without any health implications of gear use, especially at 50.

If if were me, I would diet down first. Once you reach a plateau increase cardio, once you hit a furthe plateau and assuming that you have not already reached your target weight then and only then look at running a cycle.

Steroids help mate but if your diet etc is not on point you will be wasting your time and money.

Work on diet and cardio first, then consider gear mate.

Viz

Postby Viz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Ain't that the truth Whizo - wait till you get to your sixties like me mate. Those last 2 or 3 % of BF are bloody murder to loose but it is simple maths after all. Use more energy than you put in.

I tell this to all the guys I train, work out what your maintenance caloric rate is, and then consume just 50 calories less than that amount, but do an extra 30 mins of cardio after every session. Do this for a few months and the miracle happens. You start to see the six pack again, even at my age. But now days I take six months to cut for a contest or show. In my 30's it was 12 to 14 weeks.

Problem is we live in a world of instant gratification. I want my six pack in two weeks is how most folks, hell me too sometimes, think. Well it is not going to happen, no roids, peptides, HGH or SARMs are going to make that happen. Especially not if you want to keep muscle, muscle that has often taken many months of sweat and sometimes tears to gain. Some of the stuff that folks take to help loose weight is so catabolic and does not differentiate between body fat or muscle.

Diet and lifestyle are more important that chemicals, gear if you prefer. The gear will make it easier to recover and train harder, but at the end of the day you still have to put the effort in. Still have to eat right, train right and rest right.

Graham if you truely want to be ripped you will get ripped. It will take a while to achieve, you will feel like shit some of the time. Hungry all of the time but like I said if you want it you can achieve it. Diet and cardio. The roids that supposedly are going to help with cutting only make a difference when you are in single digit percentages of body fat. They help with that last 1%, taking them with 10% or more body fat is just pissing money away in my view. And mate 10% for a bloke in his 50's is bloody lean let me tell you.

Most highly active 50-year-old men, such as those participating in endurance activities or focused strength training, can achieve a body fat within a fit range of 12 to 18 percent. Body builders, even at age 50, may dip below 10 percent for competition, but this isn't considered normal, and most body builders don't maintain these low levels in the off-season.
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

Graham

Postby Graham » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Thanks guys.

Good advice, I know.

Just every now and then, I feel like my training needs a kick start. But, I'll heed the advice and try to just be more disciplined. Hard, cos my body is rebelling against what I'm making it do.

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:38 am

You ain't that much older than me Graham & I can still get really lean. A lot if it's down to willpower, dedication & yes AS do help.

If you haven't taken anything in years then I agree with the above probably wouldn't be the best idea to jump into a lengthy cycle. I get where your coming from with your body rebelling. personally I don't see an issue with you taking a TRT dose of Test E to assist. I would go with something like 100mg every 5 days, see how your body reacts & take things from there.
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

Viz

Postby Viz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:41 am

ADAM wrote:You ain't that much older than me Graham & I can still get really lean. A lot if it's down to willpower, dedication & yes AS do help.

If you haven't taken anything in years then I agree with the above probably wouldn't be the best idea to jump into a lengthy cycle. I get where your coming from with your body rebelling. personally I don't see an issue with you taking a TRT dose of Test E to assist. I would go with something like 100mg every 5 days, see how your body reacts & take things from there.

Good point Adam
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

Graham

Postby Graham » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:29 pm

Thanks again for all the advice.

Return to “Anabolic Steroids”