Push/pull/legs split

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

One rep max

Push/pull/legs split

Postby One rep max » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Is thinking of changing my gym routine anyone use push/pull/legs split if so what exercises do you do

Cheers
Getting there one step at a time!
Getting there one rep at a time!
Starting again isn’t always a bad thing a chance to be better than before

barksie

Re: Push/pull/legs split

Postby barksie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:19 pm

how longs a piece of string m8, every one has different training routines in push pull legs,

best training i did was last year on the stronglifts 5x5 training program doing compounds , the 5x5 app goes on your phone and increases the weight each session for you, its so easy and strength will increase ,

if i could do any routine it would be standing bent over rows with barbel and military press, rows will bounce your bench press too , and strangely you can usually only row what you can bench so its a win win

have a look at 5x5 then move onto the texas method or bill starr original 5x5 routine

Littletodd

Postby Littletodd » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:36 pm

I’ve got my push pull legs split saved on my pc at work, I’ll post it in here Monday

What I found with all of the push pull legs splits is they’re mostly back / legs focused and are minimal chest which is why I ditched it and did something different. I started developing an upside down triangle shape with minimal chest mass, not the look I’m after at all
Massive, Ripped, Natural <<<< Pick two

No amount of fat burners will substitute a calorie deficit :-)

barksie

Postby barksie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Littletodd wrote:I’ve got my push pull legs split saved on my pc at work, I’ll post it in here Monday

What I found with all of the push pull legs splits is they’re mostly back / legs focused and are minimal chest which is why I ditched it and did something different. I started developing an upside down triangle shape with minimal chest mass, not the look I’m after at all

guess you could throw some incline / decline dumbell / barbell to a push pull split

Littletodd

Postby Littletodd » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:53 pm

barksie wrote:
Littletodd wrote:I’ve got my push pull legs split saved on my pc at work, I’ll post it in here Monday

guess you could throw some incline / decline dumbell / barbell to a push pull split

You could mate but I kept changing stuff and changing stuff but in the end it just didn’t feel right, I found myself training muscles that were aching from push day on pull day etc it just didn’t suit me at all.

My training split is as below (recently dropped to only 3 days as I have a baby son)
Chest & triceps
Back & biceps
Legs & shoulders
2 x per week 35 minute cycle roughly 120bpm

Viz

Postby Viz » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Nice routine LittleTodd - three days a week is a good training schedule and folks will be surprised by how much strength and growth can be achieved. More is not always a good idea when it comes to time spent in the gym.

How has it worked for you, and did you restructure your body shape as you wanted.
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

Littletodd

Postby Littletodd » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Viz wrote:Nice routine LittleTodd - three days a week is a good training schedule and folks will be surprised by how much strength and growth can be achieved. More is not always a good idea when it comes to time spent in the gym.

How has it worked for you, and did you restructure your body shape as you wanted.

Pics came out in wrong order!!!

It’s worked pretty well tbh, upper chest was lacking and I feel I’ve bought it up to match the rest of me.
Second pic is about 8 months into a push pull split
Pic 1 is 6 months after switching to my above split
Attachments
9E423B31-BEA8-4674-A5DE-6D0256C759B6.png
E56209A2-4EBC-4A28-BD1C-3CA070C85B11.png

Littletodd

Postby Littletodd » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Pic also shows upper chest development after ditching push pull split

Definite noticeable difference
Attachments
4678C64A-DC46-4865-A8BC-A2033E8A52C3.png

One rep max

Postby One rep max » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 am

Cheers for all the info guys and will check back Monday Littletod but you ain’t so little are you lol
Getting there one step at a time!
Getting there one rep at a time!
Starting again isn’t always a bad thing a chance to be better than before

Bigmick81

Postby Bigmick81 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:53 am

Viz wrote:Nice routine LittleTodd - three days a week is a good training schedule and folks will be surprised by how much strength and growth can be achieved. More is not always a good idea when it comes to time spent in the gym.

Yeah more is definitely not better.. I do push/pull/Leah's also.. I try and hit my legs twice. So in one push workout I will incorporate high reputation back squats 3sets 20 reps and add each week to it..

Return to “General Chat”