Why do some gyms close over this period.

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

Viz

Why do some gyms close over this period.

Postby Viz » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:51 pm

As the title says.

I am going fucking crazy at the minute. My home gym has been closed, as it does every year, for so called maintenance till the 3rd of Jan. This has meant I have not trained in my comfort zone gym for a week now. :lol: Yeah I know it is irrelevant in the greater scheme of things but FFS I train or at least am in the gym every day of my life. Either training myself or working with my guys.

I am funny in that I can not really do a good session as a guest in some other gym. Yeah I know I train folks in different gyms but I do not work out in that space?

So how you you guys deal with gym shut down for what ever reason?

Or those that train all over the show - think Absent does (might be wrong) how do you manage?
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

Gkinaidis

Re: Why do some gyms close over this period.

Postby Gkinaidis » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:00 pm

Good evening Viz,

Same feeling here, I can absolutely relate to that but it is what it is. At least same generic gyms ,( the chain gyms), are open. And I am grateful for that. And off topic . I wish to you and all the gents here, A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Robbie

Postby Robbie » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:33 am

I went to go train at 6 this morning like always and it’s not open till 8 and that’s killing me.

Why not join a cheaply 247 gym for a month?

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:03 pm

As someone who used to work in a profession where the festive period was open every single day I can see both sides to this. Christmas and new year are basically meaningless to me now just another day. Which has come from having to work them year in year out for 20 years....which is a shame in a way.

I have 3 gyms near me that allow me to train pretty much constantly bar xmass and new year day.

Ironically i probably train better in a gym where I dont know anyone due to not being distracted by conversation , also nice to try different kit.

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:44 pm

Likewise, other than Xmas & New Years Day I have access to a gym, was training as usual this morning,.

I currently train at 2 gyms regularly, depending on which bodypart I'm training decides which gym I use.
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

Return to “General Chat”