Tennis elbow strap

Talk about Anything

Moderator: MOO

Littletodd

Tennis elbow strap

Postby Littletodd » Wed May 15, 2019 7:40 pm

Anyone used one of these? Do they provide any relief?

Suffering quite bad with tennis elbow at the moment, haven’t been able to do any push exercises for 2 weeks and I’m in pct so could really do with training properly
Massive, Ripped, Natural <<<< Pick two

No amount of fat burners will substitute a calorie deficit :-)

DarrenG

Re: Tennis elbow strap

Postby DarrenG » Wed May 15, 2019 8:23 pm

I would just ice it m8 and do what you can around it got it aswell with shoulder stiffness and bicep tendon strain

It sucks

Bonus

Postby Bonus » Wed May 15, 2019 9:02 pm

Cissus?

DMSO?

And avoid upright rows? ;)
Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance determines your destiny.

ADAM

Postby ADAM » Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 am

TB-500 worked for me mate
Never quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday NO longer matters. Today's another day so get back on track and move closer to your goals. YOU can do it

billybones

Postby billybones » Sat May 18, 2019 7:09 pm

Can't do anything about it mate. When mine was really bad I ended up using canvas wraps to hold me arms slightly bent at elbows just so I could work. Ice and rest and massage the opposite elbow.

Littletodd

Postby Littletodd » Sat May 18, 2019 9:36 pm

I trained light yesterday and found dips didn’t aggravate it at all so until it’s healed I’ll just do a “dipathon” on triceps :lol: minimal weight and 20+ reps

I’ve ordered a tennis elbow strap too just to help
Massive, Ripped, Natural <<<< Pick two

No amount of fat burners will substitute a calorie deficit :-)

billybones

Postby billybones » Sun May 19, 2019 8:23 am

It's weird how some things aggravate and some don't, it's a real shit injury. Let us know if the strap works.

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sun May 19, 2019 10:27 am

Littletodd wrote:I trained light yesterday and found dips didn’t aggravate it at all so until it’s healed I’ll just do a “dipathon” on triceps :lol: minimal weight and 20+ reps
I’ve ordered a tennis elbow strap too just to help

After whats been mentioned all I really found is rest helped the most. As you say you gen generally fine a few exercise to work around and keep training.

My default training for most upper niggles tennis, golfers or climbers elbow or shoulder problems is legs and arms only twice a week for a few weeks. Followed by working around the niggles for a few weeks.

At the same time assess how you got it in the first place - for me that was usually to much weight or to much frequency usually both, with splash of ego form.

I'm sure you know but you can obviously make exercises more challenging, super slow tempo, short rest periods.

ashbro74

Postby ashbro74 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:11 am

I suffer with recurring Carpel Tunnel Syndrome LT i'm advised by the quack originating from a hand injury i had a few years back. I've tried different type of straps mate but offer little in the way of relief, although support for the injury is provided, this support restricts movement and range of motion not to mention Blood Flow to the area in respect of most people over tightening etc..If you look at various athletes, footballers etc on today you may have noticed they use a adhesive kind of stretch plaster across the affected strain problem area be that the Knee, shoulder, thigh Calf you name it.This product is called Kinesiology Tape LT as helped no end with my Carpel tunnel as it provide support to the exact area but again doesn't restrict movement or impedes range of motion and most importantly mate, Doesn't restrict Blood Flow. Straps and bandages are nowadays rarely seen on sports men and women as mentioned earlier due to being replaced with this tape which i assume if it's good enough for lets say Raheem Sterling to treat his recent thigh strain which would have been advised by the clubs doctors in favour of a strap speaks volume to me.
Have a look on ebay mate at Kinesiology Tape and the tapes all pre-shaped for the particular injured area.
Hope this helps you out buddy.

Return to “General Chat”